THE WEDDING EXPERIENCE
We love photographing one of the most important days of your life. We have high standards and strive for excellence in everything we do. At Justy Photography, our team love capturing the natural beauty of couples through posed and candid photos! We specialize in transforming those moments into beautiful, customized art.
How long have you been photographing weddings and how many have you shpt?
- I shot my first wedding in 2010 and I have been a photographer for 11 years. I have shot over 100 weddings.
What is in your camera bag and do you have any backup equipment?
This is probably one of the most common questions I receive as a wedding photographer. It is not only my couples, pretty much everyone who hears that I am a professional wedding photographer asks me this question.
2 Nikon D750's Full Frame Cameras
1 Fuji X Mirrorless Camera
Prime Lenses: 35mm, 50mm, 85mm,90mm,135mm, and Lens Baby Control Freak
Zoom and Telephoto Lenses: 24-70mm, 70-200mm, 17-55mm
6 Speedlites (Flashes)
MagMod Flash Diffusers & Light Modifiers
Extra batteries and chargers
Probably some Redbull and energy bars
What’s your favorite part of photographing weddings?
- I love photographing the first look, ceremony and dance (lots of emotions). I also enjoy when I get a chance to do some creative photos at night.
What style of photography do you specialize in?
- We specialize in documentary wedding photography
Do you work from a shot list? If so, can we add to the shot list?
- Yes. We actually prefer to have a shot list.
How many images do you typically take on the day?
- We usually deliver 60-75 photos per hour but every wedding is unique. If we have to travel more and shoot at different locations that number changes.
Will the photos be retouched and color balanced? If so, how many of the photos should we expect will be retouched?
- Your photos will be color corrected. We do not do any extreme retouching such as adding dinosaurs, making someone taller or removing a bridesmaid.
If you get sick or an emergency comes up, do you have a contingency plan?
- Luckily we never had to do this before but if it happens we do work with a wide range of photographers who can cover for us.
Do you have liability insurance?
- Yes. We do have liability insurance.
What is the retainer fee?
- The retainer fee is 50% of the total collection cost.
Are there any surprise charges that could come up later?
- If you wanted to add hours, canvasses or albums those would be the only additional costs. We don't like bad surprises.
How long after the wedding do we get to see photos?
- Our clients receive their highlight photos within 3 weeks of their event which is usually about 10-20 photos. The rest is ready within 8-12 weeks depending on the wedding season.
How long is a session? (Family, engagement and maternity)
A normal session takes about an hour.
What should we wear? (Engagements)
I recommend not wearing all white or all black as a group…Details usually get lost with those two colors. I love to see the personality of the kids or family come out in the photos so wearing whatever your style is really the best.You want your pictures to reflect as much YOU as possible. For more tips: CLICK HERE
How long does it take to get our pictures to us after engagement or portrait session?
The photos are ready with in 3-4 weeks.
Where do we take the pictures?
I can offer ideas or you can tell me a place you have in mind.
Can I get the RAW files?
It is explicitly stated in my contract that I do NOT provide RAW files to my clients. This is a practice that is standard in the photography industry for a variety of reasons. RAW files are very large digital files that require expensive software and expertise to process. Processing such files is an integral part of my work as a professional photographer and is a personal signature of my creative output. When you contract with me, you are receiving not only digital files but the result of my work behind the scenes with RAW files to provide a professional, finished product that I am willing to put my name to. Hopefully, it is a product that my clients value. Rest assured that you will receive high resolution digital images and I am confident that you will be satisfied with the results.
What if it rains….or we get sick…or you get sick?
Please call as soon as you can for illnesses and I will for weather related cancellations then we will reschedule for the next possible day.
How do I contact you?