10 Reasons Not To Hire Uncle Bob To Be Your Wedding Photographer
Uncle Bob definitely means well, but it does not suffice to let him be your exclusive wedding photographer. I mean who does not want to have the best moments of their life magnificently captured? Trust you me, we all want to look back and say that indeed it was worth it. To this regard, you really need to be equipped if you want to draw a clear cut line between your professional photographer and the Uncle Bob type. There are reasons worth considering when choosing not to hire Uncle Bob.
Say no to Uncle Bob
- Uncle Bob lacks the training and expertise needed in the field of photography. Professional photographers will tell you that it is not enough to know how to maneuver your way through a camera. Photography is a skill that when coupled with the right training and exposure brings out the best of the moment. With a professional photographer, minimum editing is needed since the shots taken are at their very best.
- Uncle Bob is a big distraction. Truth be told, Uncle Bob gets in the way of the professionals hired to do your wedding photography. He will either block professionals from taking perfect shots or just be a distraction the whole good time. Some will entice you with the free gift speech but at what cost will that free gift cost you?
- Uncle Bob lacks variety. The thing with professional photographers is that they capture the moment from different angles and perspectives. Any place is good enough for them to bring about the best effect. You cannot expect to find this with Uncle Bob. He is in the simplest term shallow.
- Uncle Bob’s equipment is limited to an extent. Maybe not entirely but trust me, he has not invested in his pieces of equipment as much as the professional photographer has. With the right pieces of equipment and the skill to operate with them, it is possible to bring out the best of every moment.
- How many weddings has Uncle Bob attended? A few maybe. You cannot compare Uncle Bob’s experience and exposure with that of professionals. He is more of a liability than an asset in your wedding. Let us not forget that even in the few weddings attended, his focus will be limited to the people he knows and not in creating an all round effect.
- Uncle Bob’s flow of the events of the day is not well scheduled. He most of the time will not be where he is supposed to be when needed. Professionals on the other hand have a clear schedule of the events of the day from the time they begin to the end of the ceremony.
- The mere fact that photography is not a career for Uncle Bob provides grounds of failure. He will thus not be as keen and careful as need be. Professionals understand that photography is their means of livelihood and will not want to jeopardize that at all cost. This explains why they will offer the best that they can as they serve their clients.
- Rarely will Uncle Bob bring along backup equipments. If anything he does not have any. Why risk putting you hope in such risky hands? It might work to your disadvantage.
- Uncle Bob does not have the expertise of post production and editing. To him, taking the pictures and burning them is enough, which should not be the case. For professional photographers, they have computers and software that they use in editing, printing, uploading and creating the best albums.
- How about insurance? Uncle Bob probably has no idea of the concept called insurance. To him, taking pictures is just but a hobby. In today’s times, you most certainly agree how important having an insurance cover is. As a matter of fact, there are venues and grounds that do not allow photographers with no insurance certificate.
Photography is key and instrumental to your wedding. It is the best gift you can give yourself by choosing to hire the services of a professional photographer.