Best place to take maternity photos in Washington DC - DMV Area
Finding a place to take charming photos in Washington, D.C. can be frustrating. Weather it is a family reunion, engagement or maternity session I usually take my clients' photos at Brookside Gardens in Silver Spring. Why?
1. Natural beauty!
2. You can be creative.
3. There is a multitude of scenic backgrounds. Included in the gardens are several distinct areas: Aquatic Garden, Azalea Garden, Butterfly Garden, Children’s Garden, Rose Garden, Japanese Style Garden, Trial Garden, Rain Garden, and the Woodland Walk. The Formal Gardens areas include a Perennial Garden, Yew Garden, the Maple Terrace, and Fragrance Garden. Brookside Gardens also features two conservatories for year-round enjoyment.
4. Abundant and hassle free parking
5. One of the biggest gardens in DC.
6. Great lighting
7. Photography friendly
- Never too crowded.
- Free parking.
- Admission is free to the gardens.
- Family friendly
- Getting a photography permit takes about a week. (http://www.montgomeryparks.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/PhotographyRequestForm2016-07.pdf)
- No pets allowed (exception of service animals)
- Frisbees, bicycles, skateboards, scooters, roller blades, balls, skates, skis, sleds, and recreational and athletic equipment are not allowed